Monday, July 5, 2010

Who left the door open?

The boys play on the back deck & sometimes leave the screen open. Max came into me, I was in my room and he says mom theres a bird in the house, i believed him i knew it was going to happen one of these days we have had four birds fly into our windows two of them have broke their necks & died. So sure enough I come out & the bird is in our living room & freaked when I got close & flew into our chair. I hurried & took this pic. & then I heard James dad outside & asked him how i should get it out he just walked in put a glove on picked it up & took it out side & let it fly out of his hand.



Our little family of four went camping up in spencer on james parents land & then went fishing around the area & hiking. I need to get to know the area & get used to hiking for my big hunting trip this fall James & I both drew elk & deer. I'm excited!!

On our way home just passing this field we saw moose, we were just outside of rexburg. And you can see houses in the background we were not out in the middle of nowhere it was way cool to see them.




Max & Eli love to play with the worms more than fishing,


Getting ready for our hike. Aldous Lake is where we went it was a nice hike not hard max walked the whole way it was 1.3 miles to the lower lake another mile to the higher one we didnt go to that one. They stock the lake with fish. we didnt catch any fish.




Here is our tent it is very spacious.



Of course boys love fire!!!






Lovely big brother Max showed Little brother Eli how to climb a pile of old, old rotting wood. We turned our backs for a sec. to start setting up the tent & eli was up top just gabbering away & just so proud of himself.











4 comments:

The Hammond Family Blog said...

Looks like fun. Congrats on both of your draws!

Cass said...

cute boys! you all look so outdoorsie. Looks like fun. miss you guys.

RonJohn said...

attack of the killer birds haha. Do they still wake up Eli in the morning?
All your pictures make me jealous. Remind me again why we live in the desert?

Erin said...

Great pictures! I love outdoor adventures.